Two campus wide power outages are scheduled to safely install some new high voltage equipment as part of the Central Plant Upgrade. The second power outage is scheduled for Saturday, April 3rd, from 7-9 AM. The planned duration of this outage is 2 hours.
All Internet service and instructional/classroom technology will be down during this outage, which may extend longer if there are equipment failures. Please remember to shut down your computers and electronic equipment accordingly.
Additional impact of this power outage includes the following:
- On-campus offices will not have internet or phone service (except for Lim, Campus Safety, & Metzger).
- Emergency calls will still be received by Campus Safety Switchboard.
- The off-campus apartments will continue to have internet and phone service.
- The Professional Building will not have internet or phone service.
- Blue-light (emergency) phones and courtesy phones on campus will continue to function.
For any power-related questions prior to the outage, please contact Facilities Management at 562-903-4898. For technology related questions, please contact the IT Helpdesk at 562-903-4740 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mar 29, 17:18 PDT